Forever Fern Stamp Set is one of my favourites in the new Stampin’ Up!® catalogue, and it goes with so many other stamp sets. Today I am combining it with the jar image from Jar of Flowers.
Welcome to my blog … I have taken inspiration for my card today from the Colour Inkspirations Challenge #79. While I used all the colours from the challenge, my card uses a lot of white, and I have sponged and blended the colours creating lighter tones …so the end result isn’t as richly coloured as the inspiration image below.
Night of Navy, Merry Merlot, Blackberry Bliss, Pretty Peacock
I have created a bouquet of foliage from the Forever Fern stamp set using the challenge colours. Each piece of foliage has been sponged with two or three colours using the “sponging on your stamparatus” colouring technique! If you would like to see this in action, head on over to my Stampin’ Up! group where I created this card live last week. Warning, it is a longish live … I totally had a big “oops” moment when stamping the jar (that will teach me not to craft and chat at the same time!).
- I used both of the Greenery Embossing Folders, and being narrower to fit the upcoming new mini Cut and Emboss machine helped dictate the layout of the card. The folder with foliage at the top and bottom was embossed on white card and then sponged very, very lightly with Pretty Peacock ink. The second design was embossed onto Pretty Peacock card and a strip laid across the bottom of the card front.
- That little diagonal striped piece? …. it is from Jar of Flowers stamp set and has been clear embossed on white card and then sponged over with Pretty Peacock ink. It is so easy to cut out along the edges of the image.
- The stem and jar images are also from Jar of Flowers stamp set. I added some water to the jar with the reverse of the half jar stamp, and then used the reverse of the full jar image to stamp over the whole jar with Versamark ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. I repeated the process to give two layers of embossing and a more “glass like” feel.
- The ribbon is the gorgeous cotton open weave ribbon from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack, dyed up with diluted ink refill in Pretty Peacock.
If you haven’t visited the Colour INKspirations facebook page, before, make sure you take a look. And maybe pop a card into the colour challenge!
Get the Forever Fern or Jar of Flowers Bundle Free
Are you as big a fan of the Forever Fern Stamp Set and Die bundle as I am? During June, you can get it (or any other bundle of your choice) for free in addition to the regular great offer of $66 free product if you join Stampin’ Up! See below for more details on this offer and joining my Inks and Whimsy Stampin’ Up!® team.
Amazing joining offer during June only
- Pay just AU$169 and get AU$235 worth of product of your choice ($66 FREE product)
- PLUS during June, get any bundle of your choice FOR FREE! Depending on the bundle you choose, that makes a total of $170 in free product.
- FREE postage
- 20% to 25% discount off all future orders while you are current.
- Become a part of the amazing Inks and Whimsy Stampin’ Up! team with monthly challenges, monthly team meetings, free tutorials, and a great supportive community, no matter where you are in Australia.
- Don’t miss out! Join up now or give me a yell to discuss any time. Phone 0438 464451 or email email@example.com.
See the products used to create this project … just click on the image below.
If you are in Australia and would like to purchase any of the products used to create the projects featured in my blog, please visit my online shop. And if you are shopping online, don’t forget to use the current month’s rewards/host code to receive a free tutorial bundle and handmade card from me at the end of the month.
Join Stampin’ Up!® to get a 20% discount on your crafting purchases. CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE!
If you would like to stay in touch via Facebook: CLICK HERE!
Follow me on Instagram: CLICK HERE!