Hand Penned Petals stamp set and Penned Flowers die set are an old favourite and I have pulled them out for Colour INKspiration challenge #135.
Welcome to my blog. Today’s post is for Colour INKspirations Colour Challenge #135. Our inspiration pic was chosen by CI Design Team Member, Lou Kitzelman.
Picture credit – https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/kidfriendly-christmas-decor-213545
It is very easy to enter the Colour INKspiration Challenge. You don’t need a blog, you can simply post your card image in the facebook group.
Our CI#135 challenge features Daffodil Delight, Pale Papaya, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay. The challenge parameters are to use all five of the challenge colours (or if you don’t have the exact colour, you can substitute a close alternative). In addition you can use neutrals such as Basic White, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand and Basic Black, or metallics.
Check out how you can join in the challenge at the end of this post or on the facebook page here.
And if you need inspiration, the designer’s album for this challenge is absolutely fantastic. Click on the Media tab and then “Albums”, or go straight to the album here.
Hand Penned Petals Stamp Set …
This stamp set features fine line florals, combined with two step stamping for quick and easy colouring (or you can colour the images with other colouring mediums). I combined the stamp set with the co-ordinating Penned Flowers Dies.
- The background panel is a black and white patterned Designer Series Paper called Perfectly Penciled. This is an amazing paper pack with so many options, but this design is one of my favourites. I have used an Ink Blending Brush to apply Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay inks to the paper.
- I then cut the piece into various sized strips and adhered them to a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock.
- The flowers are all images from Hand Penned Petals, stamped with Pale Papaya, Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral inks, and then die cut with co-ordinating dies. This is a very “sketchy” stamp set, so the dies don’t always perfectly fit the flower images. You need to “let go” and accept the white patches which add texture to the floral images.
- The die cut leaves have been watercoloured with Coastal Cabana ink after die cutting.
- The centres of the large flowers have been coloured with Basic Grey ink, keep it “not to watered down” to get a nice strong shade.
- I die cut the largest circle die from Stylish Shapes Dies out of Basic White Cardstock and then added texture by embossing with the Timeworn Type 3d Embossing Folder.
- The sentiment is from Charming Sentiments and the co-ordinating dies, white heat embossed onto black card.
I carried the design onto the inside of the card, with more of the coloured designer series paper and some stamping.
INKspired to join the challenge? It’s so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook Page. Then create and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. CI#135 finishes at 7 pm (AEST) on Monday January 9th. You don’t have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black, and metallics. All the details of the challenge are here.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can’t wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
This is my monthly rewards code … use it when checking out to receive a gift of a 12 video tutorial bundle. Click on the image to add link to your shopping cart automatically.
Sale-A-Bration is on again … and will again run for months of January and February.
For every AU$90 purchase, you can choose one of the eligible free items in the Sale-A-Bration flyer, or if your order is larger, there are some items available for free with a AU$180 purchase.
So many lovely goodies to choose from this year. Check out the Sale-A-Bration Flyer here or if you don’t already have a demonstrator in Australia, contact me here to get a flyer and mini catalogue mailed out to you.
Shop Online Here!
Following is a list of products used to create this card, click on the image for more details or to purchase in Australia.Product List