Nature’s Beauty Cling Rubber Stamp Set is Stampin’ Up!’s “Be A Difference Maker” stamp set in the Holiday Catalogue. In Australia, for every stamp set sold, Stampin’ Up! will donate $4.25 to the Mental Health Organisation, The Black Dog Institute.
Welcome to my blog … today I am participating in the Global Design Project Challenge #209, which is a colour challenge. So the colours this time around are not normally colours I would pull out to use together. They are a little to “primary” for me, so it was fun to rise to the challenge.
This was the end result … I love how the image of the deer from Nature’s Beauty is such a fine line delicate image contrasting with the brightness of the solid backgrounds.
Nature’s Beauty Stamp Set
This is really quite a simple card, but all of the steps have been considered to best work with this colour scheme. Even though these are not my typical colours, I am really liking the end result. Amazing what you can do when challenged to step outside your comfort zone.
- The Blueberry Bushel background has been embossed with the Woodland Embossing Folder and then sponged with Blueberry Bushel ink to highlight the raised areas. As it was all a little bit dark, I then sponged the tree trunks with Whisper White Craft ink.
- The folded Whisper White Card base was stamped with the snowflake image from Nature’s Beauty and Call Me Clover ink, along the top and bottom, so the pattern shows from behind the Blueberry Bushel layer.
- The banner is created with Real Red striped pattern from the Toile Tidings Designer Series Paper. A strip of white card, stamped up with the deer image from Nature’s Beauty and Blueberry Bushel Ink, is adhered to the designer series paper before diecutting with a Stitched Rectangle Die. The flagged banner shape is then created using the same die so the stitching runs all the way around.
- The Thinking of You This Season greeting is from the Winter Woods Stamp Set, and is stamped once with Call Me Clover ink on white card, and again with Versamark ink and White Embossed onto Real Red Card, so the individual elements could be cut out and adhere to the tag.
- A little wrap around and bow with White Baker’s Twine completes the tag element.
Pop on over to the Global Design Project gallery page to see an amazing array of projects using this colour scheme.
If you would like to see this card created from whoa to go, hop on over to my Stampin’ Up! group on facebook here to view the Facebook Live. I create live once a week on a Wednesday (or sometimes it can be Tuesday depending on where in the world you are). We are up to Whimsy Wednesday #42, so a great resource of projects in the videos section of the group.
If you are in Australia and would like to purchase any of the products used to create the projects here, please visit my online shop. And if you are shopping online, don’t forget to use the current month’s rewards code to receive a free tutorial bundle and handmade card from me at the end of the month.