Hydrangea Haven Stamp Set is featured in my project for Creating Kindness Design Team Blog Hop for June 2021. This stamp set featured in the Stampin’ Up! Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalogue, and carried over to the new 2021-2022 Annual Catalogue bundled with the co-ordinating dies at 10% discount …. yaaay!!
Welcome to my blog. My name is Cheryll Miller, and it has been a little while since I have hopped with this amazing group of paper artists. The theme for June is “Designer’s Choice” … highlighting what we are working on this month. I have pulled out a couple of stamp sets from the Mini Catalogue that I haven’t played with often enough and trying to come up with some different looks with them, and Hydrangea Haven was the stamp set of choice for this hop.
You may be starting here or you may have come from the amazing Marcy Denning’s blog. Don’t stop here, continue on below to the next blog for more Designer’s Choice fabulousness.
Our guest designer this month is the very talented Lisa Flemming … you can check out her blog with the very interesting name of Peanuts and Peppers Papercrafting. How cute!!
Hydrangea Haven Stamp Set
I actually don’t mind the green flowers on my Hydrangea, and when I pulled out this stamp set to play with, I thought I might try and re-create the green blossoms. Try would be the operative word, as the greens I ended up using are noting like the lime green flowers on my for real Hydrangeas!!
Mint Macaron and Just Jade do not make lime green …
Oh well … back to the drawing board! But wouldn’t it be cool if you could make your Hydrangeas bloom in Minty Jade??
Design Tips …
- The background piece is from the new Simply Elegant Specialty Designer Series Paper. The colours in this paper are Black, Basic Gray, Copper, Gold, Silver and Very Vanilla. NOT GREEN! But I loved this vintage looking pattern in the Designer Series Paper which is Basic Gray and Very Vanilla, so I used a Blending Brush and Mint Macaron Ink and added my own green, right over the top of the Basic Gray and all.
- The Hydrangea is stamped in Black Memento on Basic White and then I coloured it with Stampin’ Blends in Smoky Slate, Mint Macaron and Just Jade.
- The Hydrangea was die cut with one of the largest labels from the Hippo and Friends dies. If you leave the die in place over the die cut piece, it acts like a mask if you then use an ink dauber (or a blending brush as I did) to apply ink to the inside of the die. I used Smoky Slate ink and I think this has added to the vintage feel of the piece. Only applying ink around the edges and leaving the centre un-inked gives a great optical illusion of dimension to both the frame and the Hydrangea.
- The twine is Basic Gray Baker’s Twine from the Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack. Love!!!
- And that one tiny hydrangea petal? That is die cut from the Soft Succulent In Color Shimmer Vellum!
So even though the colours are nothing like my poor green Hydrangeas, I really like this card! What do you think? Would you love a Minty Jade Hydrangea flower?
I wonder what is happening on the other Design Team’s craft tables this month?
You had better hop around and take a look … the amazingly talented Melinda Stearns is up next on the hop. Cannot wait to see what an amazing project she has in store for us.
Blog Hop Participants
- Lisa Flemming – Special Guest Designer – USA
- Marcy Denning – Canada
- Cheryll Miller – Australia
- Melinda Stearns – USA
- Jay Soriano – UK
This is my monthly rewards code … use it when checking out to receive a gift of a 12 video tutorial bundle. Click on the image to add link to your shopping cart automatically.
Sale-A-Bration is on again … and will again run for months of January and February.
For every AU$90 purchase, you can choose one of the eligible free items in the Sale-A-Bration flyer, or if your order is larger, there are some items available for free with a AU$180 purchase.
So many lovely goodies to choose from this year. Check out the Sale-A-Bration Flyer here or if you don’t already have a demonstrator in Australia, contact me here to get a flyer and mini catalogue mailed out to you.
Shop Online Here!
Join Stampin’ Up!® to get a 20% discount on your crafting purchases. CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE!
If you would like to stay in touch via Facebook: CLICK HERE!
Follow me on Instagram: CLICK HERE!