Eclectic Garden Stamp Set was one of the first stamp sets that caught my eye when the Stampin’ Up!® Annual Catalogue first was published. I have used it today with this bold colour combination from Colour INKspirations.
Welcome to my blog. Today’s post is for Colour INKspirations Colour Challenge #117. Our inspiration pic was chosen by CI Design Team Member, Michele Miller. What bright, fun colours… what beautiful birds.
Picture credit: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDRMdBHA4i5/
Our guest designer for this challenge is the very talented Leigh Maloney and you can see her stunning card in the challenge colours here.
It is very easy to enter the Colour INKspiration Challenge. You don’t need a blog, you can simply post your card image in the facebook group.
Our CI#117 challenge features Crushed Curry, Real Red, Bermuda Bay and Basic Black. The challenge parameters are to use all four of the challenge colours (or if you don’t have the exact colour, you can substitute a close alternative), and in addition you can use neutrals such as Basic White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics.
Check out how you can join in the challenge at the end of this post or on the facebook page here.
And if you need inspiration, the designer’s album for this challenge is absolutely fantastic. Click on the Media tab and then “Albums”, or go straight to the album here.
Eclectic Garden Stamp Set
Oh look …. a relatively simple card from Cheryll. Eclectic Garden is one of the first sets that was flagged to join my collection when the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue was published. And yet, it hasn’t been used much. So I took the opportunity to utilise the little bird for this challenge, picking up not only on the colours in the inspiration pic, but also the avian theme.
Here is what I used:-
- Crushed Curry card base.
- The black and white striped patterned paper is from Abstract Beauty Specialty Designer Series Paper, layered onto Basic Black cardstock.
- The bird on branch image from Eclectic Garden is stamped onto Basic White cardstock with Black Memento Ink. I coloured the image with Bermuda Bay and Real Red Stampin’ Blends. The branch is given a few licks of colour with Basic Black Stampin’ Blend and I snuck in a little bit of yellow with Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend (in the absence of Crushed Curry colour in the blends).
- The coloured image has been die cut with the second largest circle die from the Layering Circles Dies, and a circle of the same size has been cut from Bermuda Bay cardstock and offset slightly behind.
- The conveniently curled sentiment is stamped with Black Memento Ink.
- Black Baker’s Twine from the Essentials Pack of Baker’s Twine has been wrapped around the DSP/Matt layer multiple times and tied in a bow in the left hand edge of panel.
- Both the matted Designer Series Paper layer and the stamped circular panel have been adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
And that could have finished this card, but true to form, I don’t seem to be capable of just letting a card sit in it’s simplicity.
I stamped the leaves portion of the image again on Basic White Cardstock with Black Memento ink and coloured with Real Red Stampin’ Blends. Then I fussy cut each set of leaves or individual leaves and used rolled glue dots to adhere them over the existing leaves. This gives the leaves just a little bit of dimension and is certainly easier than cutting up little bits of Stampin’ Dimensional! 🙂
I love the little added touch of dimension, but what do you think? Is it just an unnecessary frippery?
INKspired to join the challenge? It’s so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook Page. Then create and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. CI#117 finishes at 7 pm (AEST) on Monday March 21st. You don’t have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics. All the details of the challenge are here.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can’t wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
Sale-A-Bration extended to 16th March 2022
Only 6 more days to get a hold of your free Sale-A-Bration goodies …. click here to see all the Sale-A-Bration goodies in my online store.
This is my monthly rewards code … use it when checking out to receive a gift of a 12 video tutorial bundle. Click on the image to add link to your shopping cart automatically.
Sale-A-Bration is on again … and will again run for months of January and February.
For every AU$90 purchase, you can choose one of the eligible free items in the Sale-A-Bration flyer, or if your order is larger, there are some items available for free with a AU$180 purchase.
So many lovely goodies to choose from this year. Check out the Sale-A-Bration Flyer here or if you don’t already have a demonstrator in Australia, contact me here to get a flyer and mini catalogue mailed out to you.
Shop Online Here!