Beautiful Friendship is a Photopolymer Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up!
Welcome to my blog … today I am participating in the Global Design Project Challenge #213, which is a colour challenge. The combination of Lovely Lipstick, Old Olive and Smoky Slate is one that is right up my alley, as it works so well for florals.
I am a bit of a floral girl, had you noticed!? 🙂 I had a great time creating this card, and liked it so much, I re-created it live on a facebook live.
Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set
Working with the colour challenge, the flowers are, of course, stamped in Lovely Lipstick. The leaves are stamped in Old Olive ink. Smoky Slate is incorporated in the background stamping and in the embossed Pinewood Planks layer.
- The Smoky Slate Pinewood Planks layer seemed a little harsh for the soft florals, so I “limewashed” it with some Whisper White Craft Ink. I love this look.
- I stamped the Lovely Lipstick floral elements first, then masked them with the same images stamped on sticky notes and trimmed out by hand. Placing the “masks” over the top of the flowers protects them when stamping the leaves and spriggy bits. And then when you remove the masks, these elements appear to be behind the flowers. If you haven’t tried masking before, take a look at my facebook live to see it demonstrated.
- The whole floral piece looked a little lack lustre with just the pink and the green, so I wanted to stamp the spriggy things in a different colour. Being a colour challenge, I was limited to the colours I had already used, so went with black ink. Now this was a tad scary to introduce such a harsh shade to my soft forals, but I was delighted with the result.
- Extending some fussy cut spriggy bits and leaves off the strip at the far left added that extra touch. I also lifted the ends of some of the leaves to give a little bit more dimension.
- The wrap of White Baker’s Twine, finishes the card off nicely.
- And of course, stamping up the inside and the envelope gives the card an extra special touch.
Isn’t this just the most beautiful stamp set?! … hard to go wrong when you have such fabulous tools!
Pop on over to the Global Design Project gallery page to see an amazing array of projects using this colour scheme.
If you would like to see this card created from whoa to go, hop on over to my Stampin’ Up! group on facebook here to view the Facebook Live. I create live once a week on a Wednesday (or sometimes it can be Tuesday depending on where in the world you are). We are up to Whimsy Wednesday #45, so a great resource of projects in the videos section of the group.
If you are in Australia and would like to purchase any of the products used to create the projects here, please visit my online shop. And if you are shopping online, don’t forget to use the current month’s rewards code to receive a free tutorial bundle and handmade card from me at the end of the month.
Join Stampin’ Up!® to get a 20% discount on your crafting purchases. CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE!
If you would like to stay in touch via Facebook: CLICK HERE!
Follow me on Instagram: CLICK HERE!
Below are the listing of products used to create this project, click on the picture to see further information about that product or to add to your shopping cart!Product List