Prized Peony stamp set and the Peony Dies are old favourites used to create for the Colour Inkspirations Colour Challenge #110.
Welcome to my blog. It’s time for another Colour INKspiration challenge – CI#110 Inspiration graphic is this fun fungi!
This inspiration pic was chosen by Liz Gross … and the colour scheme created is another interesting one. It gets tricky using just the one green, and such a strong green, but that’s what challenges are all about!
Our guest designer this challenge is Annie Alexander. Annie’s work is always fabulous. Check out her entry in the Designer’s Album which is linked to below.
It is very easy to enter the Colour INKspiration Challenge. You don’t need a blog, you can simply post your card image in the facebook group.
Our CI#110 challenge features Pale Papaya, Cajun Craze, Basic Black and Shaded Spruce. The challenge parameters are to use all four of the challenge colours (or if you don’t have the exact colour, you can substitute a close alternative), and in addition you can use neutrals such as Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics.
Check out how you can join in the challenge at the end of this post or on the facebook page here.
And if you need inspiration, the designer’s album for this challenge is absolutely fantastic. Click on the Media tab and then “Albums”.
Prized Peony Friend card …
I have pulled out an old favourite for this challenge … Prized Peony Stamp Set and the co-ordinating Peony Dies. This was a really easy card to create, and it was lovely to get back to some colouring, albeit quite simple colouring as this amazing stamped image contains all the shading already.
- I have created a square card for this challenge, unusual for me as I usually stick to standard size cards. But I wanted to give this beautiful Peony image the space it deserves, so I have cut a card base in Basic White thick cardstock 14cm x 28cm, folded to 14cm x 14cm (you will need a 15cm x 15cm envelope).
Imperial sizing would be 5 1/2″ x 11″, folded to 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, and envelope would be 6″ x 6″.
- The wide black layer creates a dramatic frame for the Peony. (12cm x 12cm or 4 3/4″ x 4 3/4″)
- The stamped layer is 10cm x 10cm (or 4″ x 4″).
- The trick to getting the different coloured leaves for the Peony is to stamp the image twice, once in Shaded Spruce and one with Cajun Craze. I coloured the leaves on the Shaded Spruce image with Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Blends. I coloured the Cajun Craze Peony flower and bud with Pale Papaya Stampin’ Blends. Then I die cut both of them with the co-ordinating die from the Peony Dies. Carefully cut around the flower and bud on the Cajun Craze Peony with paper snips and adhere in place over the Shaded Spruce Peony.
- Before adhering the Peony in place, I splattered the 10cm x 10cm (4″ x 4″) white piece of card with black ink. To create a little puddle of black ink, I scribbled the Basic Black Stampin Write marker onto an acrylic block and then used a Water Brush to add a few drops of water and mix. I then used the brush to splatter, but “tapping” the brush against my finger. That will create larger drops. For the finer drops I flicked the brush end of the marker against the marker lid. (Note: Don’t do this with your Stampin’ Blends as it will wreck the tip of your Stampin’ Blend).
- I stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink to the top right corner. And the beautiful little dotted squares image has been stamped off to create a lighter image randomly to the bottom left corner.
- Now we are set to adhere the layers together and then adhere the Peony in place over the top with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- I decorated the inside of the card in a similar manner, but used the other Peony image.
INKspired to join the challenge? It’s so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook page. Then create and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. CI#110 will run for almost TWO weeks and will end at 7 pm (AEST) on Monday November 8th. You don’t have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics. All the details of the challenge are here.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can’t wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
Click on the image below to see the products used to create this card, and easily add any that you might need to your shopping cart. Remember, if your order is over $169, then the very best offer joining special. For just $169, you will get $235 worth of product and FREE postage. And 20% off future orders. No selling required, just get your Stampin’ Up! crafting products at a great discount. Plus a raft of other creative benefits by being part of the Inks and Whimsy team!
More information here! Or contact me with any questions – email@example.com
Join Stampin’ Up!® to get a 20% discount on your crafting purchases. CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE!
If you would like to stay in touch via Facebook: CLICK HERE!
Follow me on Instagram: CLICK HERE!