Beauty of Tomorrow Collage created for Colour Inkspiration Challenge #109.
Welcome to my blog. Today I am participating in Colour INKspiration challenge #109.
This inspiration pic was chosen by Lou Kitzelman … and the colour scheme created is an interesting one. It looks tough at first, but once you pull the colours out and get started, it is difficult to stop!
Picture credit: https://twitter.com/bronwyn1140/status/654310621681426432
Our guest designer this challenge is Yvonne Spikmans – Van Bruggen and honestly, her card for this challenge will blow you away. Check it out in the Designer’s Album which is linked to below.
It is very easy to enter the Colour INKspiration Challenge. You don’t need a blog, you can simply post your card image in the facebook group.
Our CI#109 challenge features Crushed Curry, Pool Party, Cinnamon Cider and Early Espresso. The challenge parameters are to use all four of the challenge colours, and in addition you can use neutrals such as Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics.
Check out how you can join in the challenge at the end of this post or on the facebook page here.
And if you need inspiration, the designer’s album this challenge is absolutely fantastic.
Beauty of Tomorrow Collage …
I have selected Designer Series Paper in the challenge colours for my background, the browns are from Blackberry Beauty Designer Series Paper and the Pool Party and Crushed Curry designs are from the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper available as host rewards (Page 171 Annual Catalolgue).
In addition to the Beauty of Tomorrow stamp set, I have used the co-ordinating Beautiful Leaves Dies and also the Harvest Dies (for that GORGEOUS twiggy bit in the background). Images are stamped in Early Espresso and coloured with Pool Party and Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blends. There is no Crushed Curry Stampin’ Blends, so I used Daffodil Delight. 🙂
- The background Designer Series Paper is simply cut into strips and the I sliced the sides off the two top pieces diagonally and layered them all up so that the more vibrant Crushed Curry paper peeks through the triangular gap. I do have a tutorial done for this card, and you can also watch me create it live on a facebook live in my Stampin’ Up! Group.
- The plant and bird image from Beauty of Tomorrow are stamped in Early Espresso onto Basic White Card and coloured with Stampin’ Blends, before being die cut with the co-ordinating dies from Beautiful Leaves Dies.
- The small oak leaves from the Beautiful Leaves dies are die cut from the left over bits of Cinnamon Cider patterned paper and also from a scrap of the Crushed Curry patterned paper.
- That fabulous twiggy die cut is from the Harvest Dies and die cut from Early Espresso Card.
- The sentiment is from the Beauty of Tomorrow Stamp Set, and I have die cut it with one of the sentiment holders from the Harvest Dies. The die I used was very long, so I shortened it up by cutting one end and then repositioning the die cut in the die and cutting it into a shorter length.
- Embellishments are Linen Thread and Genial Gems.
I decorate the inside of the card as well.
The cards the other design team members have created for this challenge are amazing, and you can check them out in the album on the facebook page here.
INKspired to join the challenge? It’s so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook page. Then create and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. CI#107 will run for almost TWO weeks and will end at 7 pm (AEST) on Monday September 20th. You don’t have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics. All the details of the challenge are here.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can’t wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
Click on the image below to see the products used to create this card, and easily add any that you might need to your shopping cart. Remember, if your order is over $169, then the very best offer joining special. For just $169, you will get $235 worth of product and FREE postage. And 20% off future orders. No selling required, just get your Stampin’ Up! crafting products at a great discount. Plus a raft of other creative benefits by being part of the Inks and Whimsy team!
More information here! Or contact me with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
This is my monthly rewards code … use it when checking out to receive a gift of a 12 video tutorial bundle. Click on the image to add link to your shopping cart automatically.
Sale-A-Bration is on again … and will again run for months of January and February.
For every AU$90 purchase, you can choose one of the eligible free items in the Sale-A-Bration flyer, or if your order is larger, there are some items available for free with a AU$180 purchase.
So many lovely goodies to choose from this year. Check out the Sale-A-Bration Flyer here or if you don’t already have a demonstrator in Australia, contact me here to get a flyer and mini catalogue mailed out to you.
Shop Online Here!
Join Stampin’ Up!® to get a 20% discount on your crafting purchases. CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE!
If you would like to stay in touch via Facebook: CLICK HERE!
Follow me on Instagram: CLICK HERE!