Season of Chic bundle is a stamp set and die bundle from the Stampin’ Up! 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue, featuring an array of delightful stamps and dies covering every season, along with wonderful sentiments. I have used it today for Colour Inkspiration challenge #132, which features lots of brilliant blues and a touch of green.
Welcome to my blog. Today’s post is for Colour INKspirations Colour Challenge #132. Our inspiration pic was chosen by CI Design Team Member, Cathy Pinchbeck. Don’t you just want to be right there!!!
Picture credit – https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ff/e9/5f/ffe95f775df6353239a4e566158a031c.jpg
It is very easy to enter the Colour INKspiration Challenge. You don’t need a blog, you can simply post your card image in the facebook group.
Our CI#132 challenge features Tahitian Tide, Orchid Oasis, Starry Sky and Old Olive. The challenge parameters are to use all four of the challenge colours (or if you don’t have the exact colour, you can substitute a close alternative). In addition you can use neutrals such as Basic White, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand and Basic Black, or metallics.
Check out how you can join in the challenge at the end of this post or on the facebook page here.
And if you need inspiration, the designer’s album for this challenge is absolutely fantastic. Click on the Media tab and then “Albums”, or go straight to the album here.
Season of Chic Bundle
This bundle features a variety of seasonal images and dies … spring flowers, winter snowflakes, autumn leaves and summer seashells. I chose to use the autumn leaves for my card today, despite our challenge graphic being very summery!!
I was scrolling through Pinterest (as you do) looking for some ideas for using the Gilded Leafing Flake from Stampin’ Up! and I came across this card from Tammy Wilson. I loved the way Tammy used the detailed stamp over a solid shadow stamp for the Gilded Leafing, but I also loved the way she tore her layers, so I cased Tammy’s card and gave it my own little spin. Tammy was an Artisan Design Team Member for 2020 and 2021 years, and her amazing work continues to inspire me.
The first card I created was totally different colours, scroll on down to the bottom to see this warm toned card. And then I switched it up to suite the Colour Inkspiration Challenge #132,
- Starry Sky is the base folded card and also used for one of the detailed die cut leaves from the Chic Dies.
- Tahitian Tide (looooove this colour) is used for the matting layer (Designer Series Paper Assortment – In Colors 2022-2023), and also behind the Gold Heat Embossed Sentiment Panel.
- Texture has been added to the Layering Designs Vellum panel with the Timeworn Type embossing folder, and this layer peeks out from the two torn corners.
- The solid leaf image from Season of Chic has been repeat stamped on the Basic White layer with Old Olive ink, and the gaps filled in with the texture stamp and Tahitian Tide ink. The detailed leaf image has been stamped randomly over the panel with Versamark, sprinkled with Heat and Stick Powder and then Gilded Leafing applied. I repeated this step with the texture stamp mainly around the edges of the panel.
- I tore the two diagonal corners of the stamped panel, and tucked a little torn piece of Orchid Oasis Designer Series Paper Assortment behind the bottom right corner before adhering all the layers together. Be careful not to put glue behind the exposed vellum to avoid show through.
- The sentiment is Gold Heat Embossed onto Basic White card, and lightly coloured up with Tahitian Tide ink.
- Detailed leaf die cuts from Chic Dies in Starry Sky, Orchid Oasis and Distressed Gold Paper are tucked in behind the sentiment.
- A scattering of Fine Sparkle Adhesive Backed Gems in Tahitian Tide completes the card front.
Alternate Colourway …
The colours I used in this card are Crumb Cake, Pale Papaya, Soft Succulent and Smokey Slate.
INKspired to join the challenge? It’s so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook Page. Then create and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. CI#132 finishes at 7 pm (AEST) on Monday November 7th. You don’t have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black, and metallics. All the details of the challenge are here.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can’t wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.