Breathtaking Bouquet Floral Stamp and the Faux Alcohol Ink Ombre Technique used for Creating Kindness Design Team Blog Hop this month – the theme is florals.
Welcome to the Creating Kindness Design Team Blog Hop for February 2020. My name is Cheryll Miller, and I am so delighted to hop with this fabulous group of artists each month. The theme for February is right up my alley …. florals. I LOVE anything floral!
Our guest designer this month is the fabulous Sue Vine and you can find her at Miss Pink Craft Spot. Sue is another floral girl, and her projects are amazing!
To check out all the Design Team Member’s projects for this fun theme, check out the blog line up at the end of this post. Here is a teaser!!
And here is my project.
Breathtaking Bouquet Floral Stamp
While I love working with Florals and could have chosen any of a plethora of Floral themed stamp sets to use, I have gone with a background type stamp for my project today, Breathtaking Bouquet.
Faux Alcohol Ink Ombre Technique
The feature of this card is the Faux Alcohol Ink Ombre background. Check out the video to see how I created it. The Breathtaking Bouquet stamp, heat embossed with White Embossing Powder, is perfect over the ombre background.
I have used three Stampin’ Up! colours of ink refill to create the background piece, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay.
The Happy Birthday greeting comes from the Peaceful Moments stamp set, which is all greetings in this combination of funky script and block font.
The gorgeous Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon is my new “go to” embellishment. It ties perfectly and can be coloured to suite any project. I have used it in all it’s pristine white glory here to tie in with the White Embossing Powder and white matting layer.
An alternate colourway …
I also created a second card in the same manner, this time using one ink refill only, Calypso Coral. However when mixing up the ink refill and rubbing alcohol, I simply added less or more re-inker to create light, medium and dark shades in the one ink colour.
Check out the video showcasing this technique
Some of the Creating Kindness Design Team have also created videos … here is the list … make sure you check them out!
Video Participant List:
1. Jenny Hall – https://youtu.be/pCajJU4hvKY
2. Jay Soriano – https://youtu.be/t3Am6fJU3Io
3. Danielle Bennenk – https://youtu.be/7Rz_Yt4QFGI
4. Cheryll Miller – https://youtu.be/SHQP2xPzF30
More great floral inspiration …
Don’t forget to hop around to all the Designer’s blogs for more inspiration. Charlett Mallet is up next … Charlett’s work is always spectacular.
Blog Hop Participants
- Sue Vine – Guest Designer – Australia
- Lou Kitzelman – Australia
- Jenny Hall – USA
- Paula Dobson – New Zealand
- Tanya Boser – USA
- Sue Plote – America
- Jay Soriano – UK
- Marcy Denning – Canada
- Cheryll Miller – Australia
- Charlet Mallett – USA
- Danielle Bennenk – Netherlands
- Sara Levin – USA
If you are in Australia and would like to purchase any of the products used to create the projects featured in my blog, please visit my online shop. And if you are shopping online, don’t forget to use the current month’s rewards/host code to receive a free tutorial bundle and handmade card from me at the end of the month.
Join Stampin’ Up!® to get a 20% discount on your crafting purchases. CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE!
If you would like to stay in touch via Facebook: CLICK HERE!
Follow me on Instagram: CLICK HERE!
If you are getting a wish list together and your tally is coming up to the $169 mark, then you really should consider joining Stampin’ Up! to get free product and ongoing discounts on your products.
Amazing joining offer during June only
- Pay just AU$169 and get AU$235 worth of product of your choice ($66 FREE product)
- PLUS during June, get any bundle of your choice FOR FREE! Depending on the bundle you choose, that makes a total of $170 in free product.
- FREE postage
- 20% to 25% discount off all future orders while you are current.
- Become a part of the amazing Inks and Whimsy Stampin’ Up! team with monthly challenges, monthly team meetings, free tutorials, and a great supportive community, no matter where you are in Australia.
- Don’t miss out! Join up now or give me a yell to discuss any time. Phone 0438 464451 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the below supplies, the Faux Alcohol Ink Ombre background will require White Glossy Cardstock, Rubbing Alcohol and a palette.
Click on each item below to add them to your cart.