Introducing Jodie Meyer – Design Team Member
I am very excited to introduce Jodie Meyer as a Sense of Whimsy Design Team Member.
Jodie is an amazing paper artist from South Australia and she is featuring projects using the 2018 Occasions Catalogue stamp set “We Must Celebrate” during February.
This versatile stamp set can be used for birthdays, baby cards, kids cards and much more. Jodie’s first project is a great multi-purpose card …. “Friends Fur-Ever”.
Isn’t this card simply adorable?!! Here are Jodie’s instructions for how she created it.
- Cut a basic C6 Card Base from Basic Black Cardstock (21cm x 14.8cm, scored and folded to 10.5cm x 14.8cm). Adhere a Soft Sky cardstock (10cm x 14.3cm) to the card front.
- Using a piece of scrap paper, cut away a line to use as a template for sponging the grass and sky areas onto a Whisper White card layer (9.7cm x 14cm) using Pear Pizzazz and Soft Sky inks. Hand draw stitches around the edge with a Black Journalling Pen.
- Stamp the critter image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Colour with Stampin’ Blends (Light and Dark Crumb Cake, Light and Dark Smoky Slate, Light and Dark Pink Pirouette, Colour Lifter). Fussy cut each critter individually.
- Turn each critter over so the face down on the Stampin’ Mat and rub in a small circular motion with the bottom of the Piercing Tool to make the image look puffy on the stomach and head area.
- Glue googly eyes onto each critter with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Colour some White Baker’s Twine using the Stampin’ Blends and tie little bows for each animal except the squirrel. He got to hold a little red heart and sit on a tree stump that was fussy cut from the Pick a Pattern designer series paper.
- Adhere the critters onto the card front with mini dimensionals.
- The little footprints are made using the petal stamp from the Daisy Delight stamp set and Crumb Cake ink and these were repeated on the insert for the card.
- Using three different scraps of patterned papers, cut out three different sized banners to embellish the sentiment.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White Card with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Die cut into a rectangle shape by first cutting with a square Stitched Shape Framelit and then running through the big shot again to make a smaller rectangle shape.
- Adhere the little banner shapes to the card front so that they will sit behind the sentiment. Apply Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the greeting piece, remove backs and adhere a swirl of Silver Metallic Thread to the dimensionals before adhering to the card front over the Designer Series Paper banner shapes.
Jodie has created a very special card for a special friend. I am thrilled that Jodie has agreed to design and create some projects for my blog. Stay tuned for more wonderful projects featuring the We Must Celebrate stamp set.
The supplies used to create this card are included below. If you are in Australia, click on the thumbnails to go directly to that item in my online shop. Don’t forget that Sale-A-Bration is still running (until 31st March) and any purchase of $90 or more means you can choose a free item from the Level 1 Sale-A-Bration flyers. Or if you order is $180, you can choose a Level 2 items from the flyers. If you would like more information, don’t hesitate to contact me on email@example.com or phone 0438 464451.
Don’t forget to add the February rewards code to your order when you are checking out to receive a small gift and handmade card at the end of the month.