Irresistible Blooms Bundle is new product coming in March from Stampin’ Up!®, and i have used it today for Colour INKspiration challenge #138.
Welcome to my blog. Today’s post is for Colour INKspirations Colour Challenge #138. Our inspiration pic for this challenge was chosen by Monica Formosa – Monica’s daughter’s partner is a ‘twitcher’ and this is one of his amazing photos.
Picture credit – https://www.instagram.com/p/ClaV404PDCA/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=
The Colour INKspiration challenge is a great one to get your inspiration flowing. It is very easy to enter the challenge. You don’t need a blog, you can simply post your card image in the facebook group. So why not join us this time around?
Our CI#138 challenge features Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Tahitian Tide and Highland Heather. The challenge parameters are to use all four of the challenge colours (or if you don’t have the exact colour, you can substitute a close alternative). In addition you can use neutrals such as Basic White, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand and Basic Black, or metallics.
Check out how you can join in the challenge at the end of this post or on the facebook page here.
And if you need inspiration, the designer’s album for this challenge is absolutely fantastic. Click on the Media tab and then “Albums”, or go straight to the album here.
Irresistible Blooms Bundle …
This is a bit of a sneak peek of some new product coming to us from Stampin’ Up!® in March. It is an “online only bundle”, part of a suite of products called the “Hello, Irresistible Suite”. The Irresistible Blooms stamp set and die bundle in this suite is what I am using today!
I love Tahitian Tide, but this time I have focussed on Daffodil Delight for the main colour, with Granny Apple Green, Tahitian Tide and Highland Heather as feature points. This card would look just as amazing swapping the colours around I reckon!!
- That bright and happy background is a piece of Designer Series Paper from the Hues of Happiness Designer Series paper pack die cut with the largest of the Stitched Rectangle Dies. It is Daffodil Delight primarily, and I have accentuated that by using an ink blending brush and adding some extra Daffodil Delight ink around the edges. I also stamp the splatter image from Irresistible Blooms Stamp Set all over the panel with Daffodil Delight.
- Granny Apple Green is introduced with a panel of Fluid 100 Water Colour Paper, water coloured with Granny Apple Green ink. I water coloured a larger panel, so I could die cut the background piece from Stitched Rectangle Dies and also a selection of the detailed leaf dies from the Irresistible Blooms Dies.
- The frame has been cut from the Stitched Rectangle dies for the outside part of the frame, and the Deckled Rectangle Dies for the inside part of the frame, die cut from Basic White card. I mounted this up over the Granny Apple Green watercolour panel using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- That amazing intricate die … I call it “dots on string” die … has been cut three times from Basic White card. I adhered some Adhesive Sheet to the back of the Basic White cardstock before die cutting … I then layered all three dies together. This is a little tricky, but not too bad really. So much easier than trying to glue together with liquid glue. I did add some Wink of Stella to the dots to add some shimmer.
- The flowers are two of the smaller flowers from the Irresistible Blooms stamp set, stamped in Versamark onto Fluid 100 watercolour paper and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I then water coloured the flowers with Tahitian Tide and Highland Heather inks. There are dies to cut these flowers in the Irresistible Blooms dies.
- The sentiment is from the Irresistible Blooms Stamp set … how cute is that font?? Stamped in Memento on Basic White Card and die cut with a small label die from Seasonal Labels Dies. I then lightly sponged it with Tahitian Tide ink.
- I pulled out the White Pearlised Enamel Effects to add some shiny texture to the centre of the flowers … love this stuff and don’t use it enough.
INKspired to join the challenge? It’s so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook Page. Then create and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. CI#138 finishes at 7 pm (AEST) on Monday February 6th. You don’t have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black, and metallics. All the details of the challenge are here.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can’t wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.