Cottage Rose Bundle is a gorgeous stamp set and die bundle in the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue. A part of the Abigail Rose suite of products, I have used the dies in a slightly different way for Colour INKspiration challenge #128.
Welcome to my blog. Today’s post is for Colour INKspirations Colour Challenge #128. The inspiration graphic for this challenge was chosen by CI Design Team Member, Lou Kitzelman. A soft and pretty colour combination.
Picture Credit: https://handluggageonly.co.uk/2015/05/20/your-complete-guide-to-the-finest-greek-islands-to-visit-this-summer/
It is very easy to enter the Colour INKspiration Challenge. You don’t need a blog, you can simply post your card image in the facebook group BUT, you will need to be quick! This challenge finishes on Monday 12th September at 7:00pm AEST.
Our CI#128 challenge features So Saffron, Petal Pink, Blushing Bride and Tahitian Tide. The challenge parameters are to use all four of the challenge colours (or if you don’t have the exact colour, you can substitute a close alternative), and in addition you can use neutrals such as Basic White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black.
Check out how you can join in the challenge at the end of this post or on the facebook page here.
And if you need inspiration, the designer’s album for this challenge is absolutely fantastic. Click on the Media tab and then “Albums”, or go straight to the album here.
Cottage Rose Bundle …
I have created some flowers with the largest of the floral dies from the Cottage Flowers Die set. Big surprise, considering they are floral dies … hahaha! Actually the large floral die from the die set is quite versatile. It cuts out stamped flowers from the Cottage Rose Stamp Set. It also cuts out a fantastic floral background piece. However, I have used the individual flowers and leaves cut out by the die to create 3d flowers.
- This card is an 11cm square card, cut from Basic White Thick cardstock, so 22cm x 11cm, folded in half.
- The entire front of the card is covered with a layer of Tahitian Tide patterned paper (from the 2022-2024 In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper Assortment).
- The stitched square background pieces are cut from the Stylish Shapes Dies. Using the largest of the square shapes, I cut one from Basic White cardstock. Then I cut another from a piece of Tahitian Tide cardstock, trimmed to be just larger than the die to create a contrast border frame.
- The Tahitian Tide border piece is adhered centrally onto the Designer Series Paper layer.
- I added texture to the Basic White die cut square by embossing with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.
- The ribbon and twine is a piece of White Crinkle Cut Seam binding, cut in half lengthwise and then both pieces are combined with a length of White Baker’s Twine and wrapped around the White Square layer and tied into a bow at the front. This layer is then adhered to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I watercolour washed So Saffron, Petal Pink and Blushing Bride inks onto a piece of Fluid 100 Watercolour paper in blocks, and then die cut the large floral die from Cottage Flower dies from the piece twice. This gives me a good selection of flowers to create my 3D blooms.
- I adhered various flowers together to create large and small blooms. The centre flower details are created by stamping the very tip of the large floral stamp onto the centre of the flowers with Versamark and heat embossing with Gold Embossing Powder.
- The flowers, stems and leaves have been adhered to front of the white square panel, tucking the stems in behind the ribbon.
- Sentiment is heat embossed with Gold Embossing powder and a scattering of Brushed Brass Butterflies finishes off the card.
INKspired to join the challenge? It’s so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook Page. Then create and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. CI#128 finishes at 7 pm (AEST) on Monday September 12th. You don’t have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black. All the details of the challenge are here.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can’t wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.