Friend Like You Photopolymer Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up!comes bundled with the amazing Friendly Silhouettes Dies.
So how did I get to be Guest Designer this week? I was so fortunate to be chosen as the guest designer in the last Global Design Project colour challenge. And you could be chosen to be the Guest Designer next time simply by entering a card using these three colours. You can also use neutrals such as black, white and gray. All the details are on the Global Design Project page.
Here is the card that won me this honour!
And here is my card created for this week’s colour challenge…
Yep that is Flirty Flamingo … I watercolour washed it in an ombre type effect onto the Fluid 100 Watercolour card. I was so surprised at how vibrant the colour was when watercoloured! But hey, it is in the “Brights” family so I am not sure why I am surprised.
- I “painted” the panel of Fluid 100 Watercolour with my Aqua Painter and plain old water to begin with, then I created a little puddle of delicious Flirty Flamingo ink with the re-inker and added it to the panel with the Aqua Painter, starting at the bottom and letting the colour run towards the top. Halt the flow of colour by tipping the card so the colour runs back down towards the bottom. Repeat this process until the bottom part of the card is significantly darker than the top. Such fun!!
- Once the watercolour panel was dry I “flicked” plain water across it with my Aqua Painter to create the lighter dots, dried it off and then added the darker splatter over the top with some Flirty Flamingo ink.
- Those bull rushes (or whatever they are … reeds, swampy plants, call ’em what you will) is a fabulous die from the Friendly Silhouettes Dies (bundled with the Friend Like You stamp set). I die cut them from Watercolour paper and the watercoloured them with Mossy Meadow and Crumb Cake inks.
- The greeting is white embossed onto the watercolour panel.
- The two little dragonflies are stamped with Moss Meadow.
Friend Like You Stamp Set and Friendly Silhouette Dies
Pop on over to the Global Design Project page to see an amazing array of projects using this colour scheme, and why not enter a project yourself and take a shot at being the guest designer for the next colour challenge.
If you are in Australia and would like to purchase any of the products used to create the projects here, please visit my online shop. And if you are shopping online, don’t forget to use the current month’s rewards code to receive a free tutorial bundle and handmade card from me at the end of the month.
Join Stampin’ Up!® to get a 20% discount on your crafting purchases. CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE!
If you would like to stay in touch via Facebook: CLICK HERE!
Follow me on Instagram: CLICK HERE!
Below are the listing of products used to create this project, click on the picture to see further information about that product or to add to your shopping cart!Product List