The Beauty Abounds Bundle is featured in the Stampin’ up! 2019 Occasions Catalogue, page 13.
Welcome to my blog today … it has been a long time since I have put a card in the Global Design Project challenge, and this week it is a colour challenge, so I am jumping back in. Anyone can enter as long as you can upload your project into the gallery. Click on the graphic below and go check out this week’s gallery … it is always impressive to see so many projects all created using the same colour combination!
What sort of crafter are you?
I am using the Beauty Abounds bundle today … it sort of suits the delicate, floaty colour combination of Soft Sea Foam, So Saffron and Petal Pink. And I have created three projects, one to suit three different levels of crafter.
The Beginner Crafter
This one is really simple and quick to create.
1. Stamp the floral spray onto Whisper White panel with Soft Seafoam ink and colour with a blender pen and So Saffron and Soft Seafoam inks.
2. Stamp the two greetings either side of the floral spray with Basic Gray ink. I used my Stamparatus and my clear polypropylene sheet to get these greetings in exactly the right place.
3. Stamp small butterfly with Petal Pink ink and colour with So Saffron ink and blender pen. Die cut with co-ordinating outline die. Die cut small butterfly from So Saffron card and adhere over the stamped image. Adhere to card front.
4. Layer onto Petal Pink card stock and then to the folded white card.
The Casual Crafter
Stepping it up just a little bit for the Casual Crafter, someone who wants just a little bit more challenge than a beginner crafter, but still wants to create cards quickly. The steps are basically the same, except I have stamped the floral spray numerous times (again, thank you Stamparatus) and this time they are coloured with Petal Pink ink and a blender pen.
The butterfly on this project is one from the larger multiple butterfly die … I placed a small scrap of card in Petal Pink and So Saffron over the butterfly I wanted to cut out from both the two large dies (using Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets) and ran through the Big Shot. *Tip* – Keep the large central pieces that come out of the So Saffron butterfly, as they will fill in behind the Petal Pink butterfly.
I added some of the Irridescent sequins to this card to add just a little bit of bling.
The Avid Crafter
The avid crafter … someone who doesn’t mind taking a little bit extra time to create cards … OR, someone like me who just doesn’t know when to stop!!!
With this card, I used my Stamparatus and the clear polypropylene sheet to the maximum, stamping the floral spray multiple times in a circular array around one central point. The flowers are coloured as before, and the greetings are stamped in a similar position. The ink colours are so soft, that the greeting stands out quite well over the top … however because I stamped in Basic Gray which can fade back, I did make full use of the Stamparatus and stamped the greetings twice to intensify the colour.
Again, the feature butterfly is from the group of butterflies die … did you know that a group of butterflies is called a “kaleidoscope”? My very knowledgeable VIP group told me that today. Isn’t that fabulous? “A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies”.
Add a scattering of smaller butterflies to make up that “kaleidoscope”, a few shimmery sequins and Bob’s your uncle!!
The Beauty Abounds Bundle on page 13 of the 2019 Occasions Catalogue features the Beauty Abounds Stamp Set and the Butterfly Beauty Thinlits Dies.
And the bonus with this is that because this is over $90, you also get to choose a free item from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue … maybe the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper!
Pop on over to the Global Design Project Gallery to see all the wonderful projects. A stand out for me is Sue Vine’s amazing card using the bokeh dots from this same set, Beauty Abounds. I totally am in awe of Sue’s creativity.
If you are in Australia and would like to purchase any of the products to create these cards, please visit my online shop here. And if you are shopping online, don’t forget to use the current month’s rewards code to receive a small gift and handmade card from me at the end of the month.
And if your wish list is long, then now is the best time to take advantage of the Sale-A-Bration joining offer from Stampin’ Up! and get your purchases at a discount.
- Option 1: Get $315 worth of product for just $169
- Option 2: Get $315 worth of product and the amazing Craft Tote Bag for just $210
- Free postage
- Become a part of the amazing Inks and Whimsy Stampin’ Up! team with monthly challenges, monthly team meetings, free tutorials, and a great supportive community, no matter where you are in Australia.
- Don’t miss out! Join up now or give me a yell to discuss any time. Phone 0438 464451 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.