Potted Succulent Dies are carrying over into the new upcoming Annual Catalogue, along with the Simply Succulents Stamp set. Yay!!! In celebration, I am using the dies today for the Colour INKspiration Challenge #119.
Welcome to my blog. Today’s post is for Colour INKspirations Colour Challenge #119. Our inspiration pic was chosen by CI Design Team Member, Lou Kitzelman. Such a gorgeous soft colour combination!!
Picture credit: https://www.100layercake.com/blog/2016/03/23/a-modern-glam-easter-brunch-by-emily-henderson/
Our guest designer for this challenge is the very talented Suzie Hinton.
It is very easy to enter the Colour INKspiration Challenge. You don’t need a blog, you can simply post your card image in the facebook group.
Our CI#119 challenge features Fresh Freesia, Flirty Flamingo, Magenta Madness, Pool Party and Gold. The challenge parameters are to use all five of the challenge colours (or if you don’t have the exact colour, you can substitute a close alternative), and in addition you can use neutrals such as Basic White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black.
Check out how you can join in the challenge at the end of this post or on the facebook page here.
And if you need inspiration, the designer’s album for this challenge is absolutely fantastic. Click on the Media tab and then “Albums”, or go straight to the album here.
Potted Succulent Dies
I have featured the Potted Succulent Dies mostly in this card, in particular the large detailed succulent die. I have been wanting to use this technique with this die for a while, but you really need to have some “relax time” up your sleeve as it is a little bit fiddly …. but oh so satisfying if you like a good jigsaw puzzle.
Here is what I used:-
- I blended the four “colours” onto a piece of Basic White cardstock with Ink Blending Brushes, starting with Pool Party, then Fresh Freesia, followed by Flirty Flamingo and finishing up with Magenta Madness.
- I adhered the blended piece to some Adhesive Sheet before diecutting with the large succulent background die. I was very careful not to lose any of the little pieces that come out of the die.
- I trimmed off one long and one short side of the die cut piece and then snipped off any pieces that didn’t tie in with any of the succulent images. Once I was happy, I adhered the die cut piece to the folded Basic White Thick card. Then I painstakingly put together the jigsaw puzzle of little bits for just three of the succulents. I promise you, I didn’t leave the succulents as outlines because I was missing pieces of the puzzle. I genuinely elected to “fill in” just a few of the succulents.
- The sentiment does come from the Simply Succulents Stamp Set, but any sentiment would work because I heat embossed it with Gold Embossing powder onto a piece of cardstock I had coloured up with Magenta Madness ink and a blending brush. And then I simply fussy cut it and adhered it to the long stitched banner shape die from Potted Succulents. Love this one!
- For the gold elements, aside from the Gold Heat Embossing of sentiment (which doesn’t really show gold in this photo), I added a little swirl of gold thread, which is deconstructed Gold Metallic Thread. It sort of looks crimped, but way more delicate than the actual Gold Metallic Thread which is a lot heavier looking.
- I also added some Gold Metallic Pearls to the sentiment piece and scattered around the “white space” on the card front.
I do love the crinkly gold thread, worth the time taken to deconstruct the Gold Metallic Thread.
INKspired to join the challenge? It’s so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook Page. Then create and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. CI#117 finishes at 7 pm (AEST) on Monday April 25th. You don’t have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black. All the details of the challenge are here.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can’t wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
Here is a list of supplies used to create this card …. click on the image to see more details on the product, and simply add it to your cart to purchase. 🙂Product List
This is my monthly rewards code … use it when checking out to receive a gift of a 12 video tutorial bundle. Click on the image to add link to your shopping cart automatically.