Friendly Hello Stamp Set and co-ordinating Designer Series Paper are a bundled Sale-A-Bration item, available for free with an AU$180 order during Sale-A-Bration.
Welcome to my blog on this second
Friendly Hello Stamp Set and Designer Series Paper
Today I have created two cards only … at either end of the spectrum. The first is a very simple card, using minimal supplies. The second card is using a raft of different supplies to create a stepped up card with lots of layers.
Friendly Hello Simple Card …
Design Tips …
- The floral background paper is one of the patterns from the Friendly Hello Designer Series Paper. I have stamped the bird/flower image and the sentiment directly onto the paper with Cinnamon Cider ink. I used the Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment, so I could stamp a second time and make it really dark and solid.
- The bird and flowers have been coloured with Stampin’ Blends in a combination of Petal Pink, Pale Papaya and a touch of Cinnamon Cider. **Note: This will only work with some patterned papers, those that don’t have a dark pattern on the other side. The Stampin’ Blends soak into the paper and the pattern on the other side can show through. Luckily the pattern on the other side of this design is mainly white, so all was good! Whew … I didn’t even actually look before I merrily started colouring.
- Another little tip … when you are colouring with blends on Designer Series Paper, don’t go too close to the edge when blending. Leave a little gap which you can then colour right at the end if you need to. The colour tends to want to bleed out, so staying away from the edges helps alleviate this. You might even find that the colour has already bled out to the edges when you are done.
- To add interest to the Designer Series Paper, I used Pale Papaya light Stampin’ Blend to colour in random flowers. I think it adds that little extra, pushing a very simple stamp and colour card up in to the next level.
- To add final touches, I coloured the centres of the flowers with Wink of Stella (a must have supply for all levels of crafter), and added a line of Iridescent Rhinestones under the sentiment. The Iridescent Rhinestones are AMAZING, my new “go to” gems. You can also colour them up with Stampin’ Blends and they retain their iridescence! Fabulously versatile.
Friendly Hello Avid Card …
Design Tips ….
Where do I start with this one? While there are a lot of steps, they are all relatively easy! Just lots of easy steps combined.
- Let’s start at the back … the Pale Papaya layer has been embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder, and then splattered with Wink of Stella to give it some shimmer.
- The next layers are Petal Pink. Petal Pink cardstock is embossed with the dots embossing folder (from the Checks and Dots Mini Embossing Folders). Then I swiped the embossed layer with my White Craft Ink Pad. This emphasises the raised dots … the ink will also get onto the background a little bit, but I love this soft slightly textured look. The white pigment ink does take a little while to dry, so set it aside while you work on the other elements. This piece has been layered on to a slightly larger piece of Petal Pink cardstock which I sponged with Petal Pink ink to make it a darker and offer more contrast to the Petal Pink /White swished layer.
- The next layer is just a strip of Cinnamon Cider cardstock, stamped with Cinnamon Cider ink and the Wild Roses Background stamp. But any background stamp would work here, it is such a small strip.
- Next up I stamped the Hello Friend sentiment with Cinnamon Cider ink onto Basic White cardstock and die cut with stitched die from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I added a little sponged Pale Papaya ink around the edges. And there is a panel of Designer Series Paper … I selected a fairly unobtrusive design … die cut with another larger die from Stitched So Sweetly Dies. These two pieces are adhered together and then popped up on the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The bird and flowers are stamped with Cinnamon Cider ink and coloured with Stampin’ Blends in Pale Papaya, Petal Pink and Cinnamon Cider before being fussy cut … yes I know .. but this is an avid card!!!
- Once all the layers are assembled, I have added some Wink of Stella to the flower centres and then added a sprinkle of Iridescent Rhinestones.
I warned you this was a lot of elements! 🙂
So which is your favourite?
Stamping Sunday Blog Hop Design Team
I am very keen to see what other design members have chosen to highlight from the Sale-A-Bration offering, especially seeing as due to port congestion, we currently have a limited offering here in Australia … it will be lovely to see the products still coming in use, so we can get excited with anticipation.
Here is a full list of hop participants ….