Cherry Blossom Dies were perfect for this project … this die set from the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue has been around for a little while, but sadly this is the first time I have pulled them out and used them. Shame on me!!!
Welcome to my blog. Today I am participating in Colour INKspiration challenge #107.
This inspiration pic was my choice … I absolutely love this image and the colours are a big part of it … although we are still trying to work out what the fruit/veg in the pic are. The cut fruit is sort of pomegranatey …. and I think that one has a yellow skin. The purple units look a bit like beetroot, but the stem doesn’t look like a leafy beetroot stem. What do you reckon?
It is very easy to enter the Colour INKspiration Challenge. You don’t need a blog, you can simply post your card image in the facebook group.
Our CI#107 challenge features So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow. The challenge parameters are to use all four of the challenge colours, and in addition you can use neutrals such as Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics.
Check out how you can join in the challenge at the end of this post or on the facebook page here.
Cherry Blossom Dies …
This month, my VIP group challenge is to CASE a designer … we chose to case the amazing Emma Goddard, and specifically this amazingly beautiful card. Click here or on the image below to see more details of Emma’s card.
I used the same techniques as Emma has … including colouring Designer Series Paper for the background strip, and colouring up the die cut flowers with Blending Brushes. I used the Cherry Blossom dies for my flowers, colouring them in the challenge colours of Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss and So Saffron. I added the leaves from the same die set, coloured with Mossy Meadow to include that challenge colour.
- The stitched look background is the very useful Stitched Greenery Die. It is a fantastic, very easy to use die that creates a subtle and yet intricate stitched tracery effect, perfect when you want a wow background that doesn’t take away from the focal point.
- The strip of patterned paper is from the Simply Elegant Specialty Designer Series Paper. It is Basic Gray and Very Vanilla …. I applied Blackberry Bliss with a Blending Brush to colour it up.
- The Cherry Blossom flowers and leaves were die cut from Basic White cardstock and then coloured up with Blending Brushes. I used the challenge colours but you could use any colours for a different effect.
- I curled the flowers by pushing onto them with the end of a container of Multipurpose Liquid Glue, then adhered them higgledy piggledy onto the card front with glue dots.
- Elegant Faceted Gems give the card a little bit of bling as flower centres, they are coloured up with Dark So Saffron and Light Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Blends.
- The sentiment comes from the co-ordinating Forever Blossoms Stamp Set and is white embossed on Basic Gray cardstock.
The cards the other design team members have created for this challenge are amazing, and you can check them out in the album on the facebook page here.
INKspired to join the challenge? It’s so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook page. Then create and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. CI#107 will run for almost TWO weeks and will end at 7 pm (AEST) on Monday September 20th. You don’t have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics. All the details of the challenge are here.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can’t wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
Don’t forget the Sale-A-Bration freebies for every $90 purchase. Or even better, take advantage of the Sale-A-Bration joining offer and get a free bundle from the Jan-Dec Mini Catalogue. Offer expires 30th September 2021
Click on the image below to see the products used to create this card, and easily add any that you might need to your shopping cart. Remember, if your order is over $169, then the very best offer at the moment is the Sale-A-Bration joining special. For just $169, you will get $235 worth of product, PLUS a free bundle from the Jan-Dec Mini Catalogue, and FREE postage. And 20% off future orders. No selling required, just get your Stampin’ Up! crafting products at a great discount. Plus a raft of other creative benefits by being part of the Inks and Whimsy team!
More information here! Or contact me with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Stampin’ Up!® to get a 20% discount on your crafting purchases. CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE!
If you would like to stay in touch via Facebook: CLICK HERE!
Follow me on Instagram: CLICK HERE!