Welcoming Window Stamp Set and Die Bundle from Stampin’ Up!® has been around a while now, but for me this is the first time I have used it.
Welcome to my blog. Today I am participating in Colour INKspiration challenge #106.
This great inspiration image takes me on a journey to sun drenched Mediterranean island. Maybe one day!
Our guest designer this month is Berdien Weidevel. Berdien’s work is amazing!!!
It is very easy to enter the Colour INKspiration Challenge. You don’t need a blog, you can simply post your card image in the facebook group.
Our CI#106 challenge features Basic White, Real Red, Pool Party and Night of Navy. The challenge parameters are to use all four of the challenge colours, and in addition you can use neutrals such as Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics.
Check out how you can join in the challenge at the end of this post or on the facebook page here.
Welcoming Window Bundle
I took inspiration from the Colour Challenge image … creating the very Mediterranean scene with a variety of images and dies from the fabulous Welcoming Window bundle. I have jumped straight into an avid card for the very first creation with this set.
- I created a rendered look wall by embossing a white panel with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder. This folder has lots of indistinct texture, but it does have some recognisable “type”, so I pulled out my little trowel (aka Palette Knife) and did some rendering with the Matt Embossing Paste. This disguises the type but still allows the texture to show through, and also creates a smooth enough surface to stamp on.
- The white wall was still quite stark, so I used a neutral (Crumb Cake stamped off) to stamp the rough brick image randomly onto the wall, just to give an indication of rendered brick.
- The window frame was die cut from White cardstock, and then inked up with Night of Navy ink. I cut another two frames from Night of Navy cardstock and glued them all together to allow the window to sit proud of the wall.
- The curtains in the windows (or maybe it is textured glass) is created by embossing vellum with the Animal Print embossing folder. I die cut another window frame from White Vellum adhered to some Adhesive Sheet, and then put the little window pane sections through the embossing folder. I then adhered the embossed pieces to Night of Navy panes from previous die cut. Moving from rendering to glazing, I glued the panes of “glass” back into the window frame. Cute hey!
- The rest of the images were stamped and die cut, the florals are a two step stamping type image, with the foliage stamped in Pool Party ink and then the flowers stamped with Real Red. Being a photopolymer stamp set, positioning was easy.
- Because the wall is still a little textured, I elected to stamp sentiments with Night of Navy ink onto white cardstock to get a clear image, and fussy cut before adhering to card front.
The following pic is a little dark, but it shows off the texture on the wall.
The cards the other design team members have created for this challenge are amazing, and you can check them out in the album on the facebook page here.
INKspired to join the challenge? It’s so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook page. Then create and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. CI#106 will run for almost TWO weeks and will end at 7 pm (AEST) on Monday September 6th. You don’t have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics. All the details of the challenge are here.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can’t wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
Click on the image below to see the products used to create this card, and easily add any that you might need to your shopping cart. Remember, if your order is over $169, then the very best offer at the moment is the Sale-A-Bration joining special. For just $169, you will get $235 worth of product, PLUS a free bundle from the Jan-Dec Mini Catalogue, and FREE postage. And 20% off future orders. No selling required, just get your Stampin’ Up! crafting products at a great discount.
More information here!
Join Stampin’ Up!® to get a 20% discount on your crafting purchases. CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE!
If you would like to stay in touch via Facebook: CLICK HERE!
Follow me on Instagram: CLICK HERE!