Sweet Strawberry brings summer to my mind. We are very fortunate to be able to get strawberries almost year round in Australia, but they are traditionally a summer fruit for me. Big, juicy and luscious strawberries to take the sting out of the summer heat. Can’t you just smell them, sitting in a big pile, glistening in the summer sun and just begging to be eaten!!
Welcome to my blog. My name is Cheryll Miller, and today I am hopping with the amazing Creating Kindness Design Team crew. The theme for July is “Summer Fun” … we are in winter months here in South Australia, so it was lovely to feel all summery with my project today.
You may be starting here or you may have come from our very talented guest designer’s blog .. Leena Girsa from Canada is our guest designer this month and I cannot wait to see Leesa’s interpretation of Summer Fun. Don’t stop here, continue on below to the next blog for more Designer’s Choice fabulousness.
Sweet Strawberry Bundle
With the coming of the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue, I was very pleased to see that the Sweet Strawberry stamp set and Strawberry Builder Punch were still bundled, that means if you purchase them together using the bundle code (159523), they are both discounted by 10%.
Design Tips …
- A little watercoloured background piece is a mix of Pool Party and Crushed Curry inks.
- The Strawberry Builder punch makes the job of punching out all elements soooo easy … make a little template to stamp into, so you can punch strawberry, strawberry top, leaf and flower out all at the same time.
- I have clear embossed my strawberries to give them a little bit of “juiciness”. And because I used the solid stamp to apply the versamark, there is a very strawberry like “speckle” to the embossing.
- I did add the little Pool Party dots after the card was assembled. They are from Artistically Inked stamp set which happened to be sitting on my desk, but any dots would have worked.
I wonder what is happening on the other Design Team’s craft tables this month?
You had better hop around and take a look … especially seeing as next up is the amazing and super talented Jay Soriano from MItosu Crafts in the UK. Absolutely everything that Jay does just blows me away! I want to be like Jay when I grow up! 🙂
Blog Hop Participants
Blog Hop Participants
- Leena Girsa – Special Guest Designer – Canada
- Cheryl Miller – Australia <<< You are here
- Jay Soriano – UK
- Charlet Mallett – USA
- Marcy Denning – Canada
- Liz Yuille – UK
This is my monthly rewards code … use it when checking out to receive a gift of a 12 video tutorial bundle. Click on the image to add link to your shopping cart automatically.
Join Stampin’ Up!® to get a 20% discount on your crafting purchases. CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE!
If you would like to stay in touch via Facebook: CLICK HERE!
Follow me on Instagram: CLICK HERE!