The theme for this month is an interesting one … “You’ve Got Mail”!
Oh and if you came here looking for an interesting project made with the Sale-A-Bration, Corner Bouquet stamp set … sorry! Squirrel Brain kicked in again, and when a box of new product came in, I totally got immersed in playing with that instead!
Welcome once again to Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop, travelling around the world through every time zone. You may be starting here or you may have come from the fabulous Rochelle Laird-Smith’s Blog.
Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop is the brainchild of Angie McKenzie, a wonderful friend and amazing paper artist. My name is Cheryll Miller, and I am so delighted to be a part of this varied and talented group of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators.
You’ve Got Mail …
I am a cardmaker …. most of you visiting this blog will be cardmakers! We all know the thrill of receiving Happy Mail. That widening of the eyes when an easily recognisable “NOT A BILL” envelope is sitting in the letter box! Happy Days!
It makes it especially exciting when the envelope is decorated also, just a tantalising little peak at what might be in the envelope.
So you can tell us, are you a “rip it open at the letter box girl” or do you reverentially carry that envelope inside and get yourself comfortable to carefully slice it open, savouring the moment until you can slide the card out of it’s travelling house?
And then, after you have ooohed and aaaahed at the gorgeousness inside, what could be better than ….
even more gorgeousness on the inside!!
Pop Up Butterfly Brilliance …
So in all honesty, I had no idea what I was doing here to create this pop up on the inside of the card … but when in doubt, make it square. It is just a box glued to the inside fold and then I started putting butterflies and leaves wherever they would go and not show when the card was folded. 🙂
It didn’t take long … the butterflies were already coloured, so it was just a matter of working out where they could go.
- That very yummy splattered green background … I take no credit for it … it is one of the designer series papers in the Butterfly Bijou 48 piece pack … coming in March as an exclusive release with the pre-release of the Butterfly Brilliance bundle.
- The butterflies have been stamped with Stazon ink (this is on large background stamp, so all butterflies get stamped together … brilliant!) … and then I used my Blending Brushes to add So Saffron, Bermuda Bay, Magenta Madness and Just Jade inks over the butterflies. Then you die cut them (with the one die which perfectly fits the combined images … again, brilliant!). One stamp, one die cut and a whole kaleidoscope of butterflies!!!
- The inside is just a simple box shape, 20cm x 4cm, scored and folded at 5cm, 10cm and 15cm (8″ x 1-3/4″, score and folded at 2″, 4″and 6″). I used the Natural Touch Specialty Paper (another exclusive pre-release paper).
- Because I had so many butterflies, stamped, coloured and die cut already, I just put a couple on acetate strips, folded and/or trimmed the rest to fit, and then added a couple of leaves die cut from the Forever Flourishing dies (but use whatever leaves you have).
- The sentiments are from the Dragonfly Garden Stamp Set … so delicate … just like butterflies.
If you would like to see how I created the front of this card (and my squirrel brain in action), head on over and check out my facebook live here.
I am so excited to see how all my fellow AWOW Team Members interpret the theme this month.
Next up, you are heading all the way over to the Nederlands to Danielle Kassing‘s blog, a long way in distance, but just a click away in our AWOW hop …. I love that we get to visit all around the world!
The full blog hop list is below. How exciting to check out what inspires our team, all around the world!
Jan Clothier – NZ
Rochelle Laird-Smith – AU
Cheryll Miller – AU
Danielle Kassing – NL
Aurélie Fabre – FR
Mikaela Titheridge – UK
Annette Ball – CA
Angie McKenzie – US
Wendy Lee – US
Shel Anderson – CA
Chris Smith – US
Anne Marie Hile – US
Brenda Nelson – CA
Tricia Butts – US
Elaine de Montmorency – CA
Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – US
Teri West – US
Cheryl Hamilton – US
Butterfly Brilliance Pre-Release Products
I had full intentions of using the Sale-A-Bration stamp set “Corner Bouquet” for my hop project today, but then something almost as exciting as a handmade card turned up with the postman! A Stampin’ Up! box with new product ….
The Butterfly Brilliance Stamp Set and Brilliant Wings Dies are new product coming up in the 2021-2022 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue (coming in May 2021), but you can get your hands on this bundle as a pre-release from 2nd March … along with some exclusive designer series papers that co-ordinate brilliantly with the stamp set and die bundle. More information is at the bottom of this post.
Join Stampin’ Up!® to get a 20% discount on your crafting purchases. CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE!
If you would like to stay in touch via Facebook: CLICK HERE!
Follow me on Instagram: CLICK HERE!