The Flowering Cactus Product Medley is a selection of products featured in the Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalogue from Stampin’ Up!® (Pages 8-9).
Hello and welcome to the April 2021 All Star Tutorial Bundle Design Team blog hop!
Each month this group of 12 talented designers from all around the world create Exclusive Video Tutorials for you featuring a suite of Stampin’ Up! products. This month it is the Flowering Cactus Product Medley, a fabulous medley of products featuring the Flowering Cactus Stamp Set and Dies, Designer Series Paper, Felt Floral Embellishments and a combo twine pack!
You will receive 12 EXCLUSIVE video tutorials … you will not see them online anywhere. Each tutorial includes both metric and imperial (inches) measurements. So no matter where you live in the world, you can purchase the tutorial and will be able to create the projects.
Here is a sneak peek of the April 2021 tutorial bundle projects. If you shop with me in April, you will receive the tutorial bundle for free. Or click on the image below to purchase.
Tutorial Bundle – April 2021
All currencies accepted. Paypal will do the conversion for you.
Here are the products being featured over this six month selection.
January 2021 – Fine Art Floral Suite (Pages 32-34 Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalogue) ** You can still purchase .. click here **
February 2021 – Love You Always Suite (Pages 10-13 Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalogue) ** You can still purchase .. click here **
March 2021 – Hydrangea Hill Suite (Pages 18-20 Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalogue) ** You can still purchase .. click here **
April 2021 – Flowering Cactus Product Medley (Pages 8-9 Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalogue)
May 2021 – Ice Cream Corner Suite (Pages 48-49 Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalogue)
June 2021 – Sand and Sea Suite (Pages 40-42 Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalogue)
Here is a sneak peek of my project in the tutorial bundle for April which features the Flowering Cactus Stamp Set and Dies, as well as those wonderful felt flowers.
Flowering Cactus Stamp Set and Dies …
My tutorial bundle project features soft colours, felt flowers and spiky cactus. My blog hop project for today is very different, with the cactus presented in a brighter colour way.
This card features a selection of the catci offered in this stamp set and die bundle, plus the larger cactus has been die cut from the Designer Series Paper. I could quite easily have die cut all of the stamped cacti from the die cut paper, but I wanted a different colourway …. Rococo Rose is used for the flowery succulents and Daffodil Delight for the Cactus Flowers.
Here is a close up image of the cactus grouping.
Design Tips …
- Add a soft shaded background using the Ink Blending Brushes (I used Soft Seafoam and Daffodil Delight inks).
- Add some dimension to the die cut barrel type cactus by sponging a slightly darker colour (Old Olive) along one edge .
- Utilise the different patterns in the Designer Series Paper which co-ordinate with the dies. I die cut the larger cactus image from the Designer Series Paper which comes in this product medley.
- I added more dimension by “rounding” some of the cactus and flower images. I used my Stamparatus Black Foam Mat as a base, and rubbed the lid of my Liquid Glue bottle on the back side of the images. This breaks down the fibres slightly and gives the images a rounded look. Adhering them with Stampin’ Dimensionals keeps the centre of the images raised.
- Using a strip of Designer Series Paper along the base of the card gives a straight edge along which to sit the cactus grouping.
More Flowering Cactus Ideas …
Here is the list of all the designer’s blogs, check them all out for more great examples of projects using the Flowering Cactus Product Medley.
Flowering Cactus Product Medley
Join Stampin’ Up!® to get a 20% discount on your crafting purchases. CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE!
If you would like to stay in touch via Facebook: CLICK HERE!
Follow me on Instagram: CLICK HERE!