Daisy Lane stamp set is a new one from the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue. It co-ordinates with the Daisy and Medium Daisy punches.
Welcome to my blog today … I am participating in the Global Design Project #194. This week’s challenge is a sketch challenge … to create a card or project using the supplied sketch as inspiration.
I have been playing around with the Daisy Lane stamp set and the Medium Daisy Punch this week. I love the original larger daisy punch which also co-ordinates with this new daisy stamp set. And this smaller Medium Daisy Punch is a wonderful addition to the daisy collection.
Daily Lane Stamp Set and Medium Daisy Punch
I followed the sketch and managed to scrinch the three little daisies across the card, but there was just no room to place the greeting on top, so I had to stamp “friend” underneath the row of flowers.
- The fern leaf is stamped directly onto Designer Series Paper, Mint Macaron ink on Mint Macaron paper.
- The Coastal Cabana Designer Series Paper layer has been cut with the Stitched Rectangle Dies. Before die cutting, I glued the strip of Blushing Bride over the stamped leaves. Then I ran the whole lot through the die cutting machine and cut out the Stitched Rectangle so that the strip of Blushing Bride also had the stitched edging. To know where to stamp the leaves before diecutting, I used the rectangle die as a guide and drew a line around the outside edge of the die in pencil.
- A fuller daisy is created by stamping, punching and then gluing three daisies together. I used Soft Seafoam ink for my daisies.
- It is difficult to see in the photograph, but I did add some subtle shading in the centre parts of the petals with a Soft Seafoam Stampin’ Blend.
- The daisy centres are Clear Faceted Gems coloured up with Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend. How exciting to be able to have any coloured gems you want with these very versatile adhesive embellishments.
Pop on over to the Global Design Project gallery page for lots of great ideas on using this sketch. Or why not pop up a card of your own, using the sketch as your inspiration.
If you would like to compare the Medium Daisy Punch with the original larger Daisy Punch, I have used it here.
Products used to create this card can be purchased in my Online Store. Don’t forget to use the rewards code for June to get the Stamping Sunday Tutorial Bundle or the All Star Tutorial Bundle.Product List