Dragonfly Garden stamp set is an older set which i pulled out because the bright colours of the Colour INKspiration Challenge #133 reminded me of these shimmery insects.
Welcome to my blog. Today’s post is for Colour INKspirations Colour Challenge #133. Our inspiration pic was chosen by CI Design Team Member, Leonie Stuart. Isn’t it gorgeous … so rich and vibrant.
Our guest designer for this challenge is Bev Evans.
Picture credit – https://pin.it/11pjDE2
It is very easy to enter the Colour INKspiration Challenge. You don’t need a blog, you can simply post your card image in the facebook group.
Our CI#133 challenge features Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow and Merry Merlot. The challenge parameters are to use all five of the challenge colours (or if you don’t have the exact colour, you can substitute a close alternative). In addition you can use neutrals such as Basic White, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand and Basic Black, or metallics.
Check out how you can join in the challenge at the end of this post or on the facebook page here.
And if you need inspiration, the designer’s album for this challenge is absolutely fantastic. Click on the Media tab and then “Albums”, or go straight to the album here.
Dragonfly Garden Stamp Set …
This stamp set features two gorgeous dragonflies, wildflowers and lovely sentiments. It has been around a while and sometimes it is great to pull out the older stamp sets and give them a run. It also features a punch to punch out the dragonflies, however today I have fussy cut them.
- I have started off with a Coastal Cabana folded card, and used Stampin’ Seal Plus to adhere a piece of White Frayed Ribbon down the right hand edge.
- For the feature panel (Coastal Cabana cardstock), I used Embossing Paste and the Artistic Mix Decorative Masks to add a layer of texture to centre of the panel. Once the paste was dry, I spritzed with Granny Apple Green and Coastal Cabana alcohol and reinker sprays. Then I stamped the wildflower image over the top with Coastal Cabana ink … this creates a subtle background look which is patchy over the texture.
- The embossed/spritzed layer has been matted with Mossy Meadow cardstock.
- I wrapped some Linen Thread around the top of the panel and tied in a bow. The gorgeous Sprig Trinket has been coloured up with Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blend. These trinkets are silver in colour but can be coloured with Stampin’ Blends and still retain the metallic finish.
- My dragonflies have been stamped with Stazon ink onto Watercolour paper and then watercoloured with Gorgeous Grape, Merry Merlot, Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green inks. A lick of Wink of Stella adds some dragonfly shimmer and helps to blend the colours. I did fussy cut my dragonflies but there is a punch for them if you prefer.
- The sentiment is stamped onto white card with black ink and die cut with Stylish Shapes Dies (which does cut off part of the sentiment) Then the same sentiment is stamped and white heat embossed onto Gorgeous Grape card and I have fussy cut just the script part of the sentiment and adhered it over the stitched banner shape.
- The three little adhesive embellishments are Brushed Metallic Dots, which I have coloured up with the Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends just to give them a greenish tinge.
INKspired to join the challenge? It’s so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook Page. Then create and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. CI#133 finishes at 7 pm (AEST) on Monday November 21st. You don’t have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black, and metallics. All the details of the challenge are here.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can’t wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.