Parisian Flourishes for Colour Inkspiration #84
Parisian Flourishes 3D Embossing Folder is the feature of this card, along with the Tasteful Touches Stamp Set. Both are featured in the Stampin’ Up!® Annual Catalogue.
Welcome to my blog … my project today was created live in my VIP Customer Group on Facebook last week and I took the colour inspiration from Colour Inkspirations Challenge #84.
Magenta Madness, Just Jade, Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green and Rococo Rose
Wowza … what a wonderfully rich colour scheme. I went with the exuberant, full on “use every colour” vibe of the grapic. The highlight of the project is the Parisian Flourishes 3D embossing folder, I applied watercolour to the embossing folder (ink refill mixed with water), spritzed with a shimmery mist (Shimmer paint and water) and then embossed a piece of Fluid 100 watercolour paper. The ink colours used were Rich Razzleberry, Rococo Rose and Garden Green.
Parisan Flourishes 3D Embossing Folder
Here you can see the very subtle shimmer which just adds an extra layer of opulence to the gorgeous embossed background.
Tasteful Touches Stamp Set
A dramatic background also needs a voluptious feature … cue Tasteful Touches, and those feathers!!
- I have used two strips of cardstock in Rich Razzleberry and Magenta Madness to hold the sentiment and the focal floral image. Adding torn edges, sponged with the same colour ink, gives an added textural element.
- The feathers have been stamped with Just Jade and sponged with Garden Green ink. I then did some extreme fussy cutting to get a more realistic feathery effect.
- That amazing flower from Tasteful Touches stamp set has been stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink and then coloured with Magenta Madness Stampin’ Blends. A shimmer has been added with Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.
- The sentiment has been white embossed onto the Rich Razzleberry Panel.
- The Just Jade 2020-2022 In Colour Ribbon is perfect on this card and that little Antique Ribbon Slider is fabulous.
- To be honest, I wasn’t sure that Just Jade and Garden Green were going to work together, however adding that Just Jade matting layer onto the Garden Green folded card works amazingly well …. I think so anyway. What do you reckon?
I am totally in love with this card … it’s bright, it’s exuberant, it’s over the top … and yet it works for me.
If you haven’t visited the Colour INKspirations facebook page, before, make sure you take a look. And maybe pop a card into the colour challenge!
Parisian Flourishes 3D Embossing Folder
Tasteful Touches Stamp Set
…. or why not grab the bundle at 10% discount off both?
See the products used to create this project … just click on the image below.