Vibrant Vases for All Star Tutorial Blog Hop August
Vibrant Vases is one of those versatile stamp set and punch bundles that you just can’t go wrong with.
Hello and welcome to the August All Star Tutorial Bundle Design Team blog hop!
We are a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators who prepare 12 tutorials each month and collate them into one fabulous tutorial bundle. I am thrilled to be included in this very talented group for another six months. Here are the designers for August 2019 through January 2020.
Here is a little sneak peek of the tutorials for this month.
What an amazing variety of projects this month … there is a little bit of something for everyone.
– I think everybody has used a different stamp set this month.
– Lots of great packaging ideas from Erica, Sam, Martha, Jackie and Tina.
– Jacque Williams shows us a fabulous set of masculine cards using the Sailing Home Stamp Set.
– Great for all level of crafter, there are step by step instructions with loads of pics.
The Tutorial Bundles are based on currently available and upcoming supplies from Stampin’ Up! and have both metric and imperial (inches) measurements. So no matter where you live in the world, you can purchase the tutorial and will be able to create the projects.
Tutorial Bundle – August 2019
All currencies accepted. Paypal will do the conversion for you.
If you get these tutorial bundles every month, get one month for free by subscribing to the entire six months. You will be charged automatically every month for Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec and receive January 2020 tutorial for free. Email me here to subscribe.
We are kicking off the release of the August Tutorial Bundle with a blog hop to showcase each of the designers. Be sure to visit everyone’s blog for a little taste of the quality and variety in this tutorial bundle.
Vibrant Vases Stamp Set and Punch
I have used the Vibrant Vases stamp set for my tutorial this month and created a quick and easy card with a little background twist. Here is a little sneak peek.
The card featured on my blog today is different to the tutorial bundle project (they are exclusive to the tutorial)… today I have used the amazing Mosaic Mood Designer Series Paper to highlight the vases.
Mosaic Mood Designer Series Paper …
Oh my … this Speciality Designer Series Paper is so gorgeous! I love mosaic anything, and the embossed tile designs are my favourites.
I used the Vase Builder Punch to punch out my vase shapes from one of the designs that feature tile strips and embossed elements. Don’t you just love these little mosaic vases?!! I adore them!
And while you are checking out the embossed texture on the punched vases, take a look at the design detail on the background layer. That silver look splatter is printed into the design. It is totally flat so you can stamp over it, but doesn’t it look like a raised texture! Sometimes it takes the macro lense on your computer to really appreciate the little details in these designer series papers.
Design Details …
- The punched vases looked very flat on my busy background when I first laid them out … sponging the edges lightly with Soft Suede ink and a sponge dauber gave them instant shape and definition. Raising some of the vases up with Stampin’ Dimensionals also gives the row of vases depth.
- The flowers are white embossed onto white card and then coloured with Stampin’ Blends. I coloured right over the top of the embossing which looks pretty messy, but then when I was done, I went over the top with the Colour Lifter which takes the excess colour off the embossed outline. Instantly, the outline is more defined but not stark white.
- The greeting is heat embossed directly onto the Designer Series Paper background layer. Soft Suede was too dark and intense, so I used Gray Granite. I inked up my stamp with Versamark first and then Gray Granite ink. The clear embossing powder will then stick to the image as you heat it. The Gray Granite ink creates a much softer greeting and the shine of the embossing gives it just enough highlight.
- And lastly, to create a surface for the vases to sit on, I tied some Crumb Cake Nature’s Twine around the layers.
Here is the list of all the designer’s blogs, check them all out for more great examples of the Tutorial Bundle Design Team’s work.