There is no special reason for this post, other than I thought it was about time I participated in the Global Design Project challenges again! I have had this card prepared all week, after I took some time out to get some creative mojo happening in my barren creative wasteland, however it has taken me until the very last hours of the GDP challenge to get it photographed and blogged!
This week was a sketch challenge …
And here is my entry …
I created this card using the “Special Reason” stamp set and I just love this particular sentiment
“There’s no special reason for this card …”
and the follow up …
“except to let you know how special you are!”
Sometimes it is just so nice to create for the sake of creating, step away from the hustle and bustle of life and send a card to someone you have been thinking of … for no special reason, just because you want to! We all seem to be going hell for leather, always “having” to do something, no stopping to smell the roses or just “be”. I am very guilty of that … in the pursuit of happiness, one often forgets to be happy!
I am going to try and use this sentiment often … create and send cards for no special reason! Just because I want to!
- The card base is Blushing Bride 21cm x 14.8cm (half A4 sheet) folded in half and scored to from a 14.8cm x 10.5cm card. The Whisper White layer is 14.3cm x 10cm and the Smoky Slate Designer Series Paper strip is 14.3cm x 4cm.
- I placed the Smoky Slate Designer Series Paper strip along the bottom, following the GDP Sketch. There is a little strip of So Saffron cardstock thrown in there as well as per the sketch.
- The flowers from the Special Reason set are stamped with Blushing Bride, So Saffron and Smoky Slate inks then die cut with the co-ordinating dies from the Stylish Stems framelits. Too easy! I remember the days when this type of card would be a marathon effort of cutting out flowers. No longer, now it is so easy (and so much neater than my scissor work).
- The greeting on the strip of Vellum has been clear embossed. I inked the stamp first with Versamark ink and then with my Basic Black Archival ink before stamping and then clear embossing. Tip – get the heat tool nice and hot before melting the powder on vellum, get in and get out quickly and there is far less chance of the vellum warping!
- I love using my sewing machine to sew layers onto my cards, especially when I am using vellum. It saves me having to think too much about how I am going to adhere the vellum. I did sew the layers and the vellum onto the card front before I slid the flowers into place and adhered with a small amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. The smaller flowers are on top of the vellum, and if you don’t want to stitch the layers together, you can use the smaller flowers to hide glue dots strategically placed to hold the vellum layer on the card. In this case, I would add another small flower on the lower left hand edge of the vellum strip.
- A couple of Blushing Bride enamel dots complete the front of the card.
The Special Reason stamp set is available in a bundle with the Stylish Stems Framelits at 10% discount on both, and comes in Wood Mount or Clear Mount.
And with Sale-a-Bration happening at the moment, adding the bundle to your order will go a long way to making up the $90 order to qualify for a free item from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue.
The inside of the card, with the second part of the greeting …
Pop on over to the Global Design Project page to see all the wonderful takes on the sketch challenge this week.